On average, the annual growth in real estate prices in Germany is about 4-6% per annum. But in recent years, the five largest cities (Berlin, Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Hamburg, and Stuttgart) have shown a higher growth in real estate prices.
Investors from all over the world want to invest in Germany for many reasons:
- Germany is one of the most stable (economically and politically) countries in the world with a high standard of living.
- According to the economists, real estate prices, both private and commercial (especially in large cities in the western lands of Germany) will continue to grow in the coming years. Also, rental rates are also growing – by about 2-3% per year.
- The guaranteed profitability of commercial real estate in Germany, comfortable living conditions, and the opportunity to obtain a residence permit in the future attract foreigners to the German real estate market.
What expenses will I bear to maintain the private property?
First of all, it is utilities (Hausgeld): water supply and heating (9 Euro per 1 cubic meter per month), garbage collection (about 20 euros per month), electricity is always paid separately depending on the area and electricity consumption (about 50 euros per month for a two-bedroom apartment).
Utilities (hot and cold water, heating, gas, etc.
Does the purchase of real estate entitle to obtain a residence permit in Germany?
By itself, the purchase of real estate does not entitle you to a residence permit in Germany, but having your own apartment or house can be a significant plus in resolving this issue. Acquisition of private real estate in Germany gives you the right to obtain an entry visa for up to 90 days.
13 September 2016
Why are property prices in Frankfurt significantly higher than in other cities in Germany?
The economic attractiveness of the city is the main factor of stability of the local real estate market, the prices for which will grow. According to one of the world’s leading real estate agencies, since 201, prices in Frankfurt am Main have grown by 21%!
Real estate in Frankfurt am Main is a great way to save and increase your capital, because Frankfurt am Main is:
- The business and financial centre of Europe (more than 420 German and international financial companies and banks), which offers ideal conditions and opportunities for doing business;
- The largest exhibition centre (the third largest in the world) that hosts such world-famous exhibitions as the Frankfurt Book Fair, the International Automobile Exhibition, etc.